The baby went to bed early tonight and the husband is working late with meetings and such, so I ended up browsing channels only to end up watching the 2014 Video Music Awards. Don’t judge me. I’m only a couple of FEW years older than the majority of performers at this year’s MTV’s Video Music Awards, (First of all, MTV barely even shows music videos anymore, but I digress.), but there were just too many times were I was like, “Who are they?, “Why is showing she showing me so much skin?” What does that word even mean?” It was getting kind of hilarious, so I thought I would share them. Maybe (hopefully), some of ya’ll had the same thoughts. Help me not feel like an old fart and say you agree.
1. Ariana Grande played a pretty big part of the show so far. I just can’t get over the fact that she is 21, but looks 13. Seriously, as someone who looks much younger than they really are, I can relate. But, c’mon, she looks really young. Plus, she stars in a Disney Channel show, so I just can’t buy the sexy, sultry, booty-shaking with Nicki Minaj act. #sorrynotsorry
Now, on the other hand, Lorde looks 30 and she is 17. It’s just strange. I was going to say something about her outfit choice, but then I read how she forgot the VMAs were today and just had to grab something. Sounds like something I would do. I’m suddenly a fan.
2. Katy Perry tried to imitate Britney Spears by recreating the iconic denim outfits. Remember 2001, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. Yea, Katy Perry copied it with Riff Raff (who the heck is he)? When they first walked up, I thought she had brought Dennis Rodman as her date. Oops. Don’t try to copy Britney. Just don’t.
3. Jim Carrey and Jeff Bridges. Hey, I know who they are! They did a very Dumb and Dumber skit. Then Jim Carrey fell of the stage. I think on accident. Then, kept falling on purpose. Be careful, Jim, you aren’t as young as you used to be…
4. Rob Schneider stars in a new State Farm commercial. Score! I know who he is too!
5.So far, pretty much of all the music performances involved trumpets. Red trumpets. Am I missing a theme here?
There is an hour left… Will I make it? This preggo needs a water and bathroom break…
6. Whoa. Miley Cyrus. She redeemed herself from last year’s VMA disaster. The guy who accepted an award on her behalf gave a heart wrenching speech about homeless youth. You can go to Miley Cyrus’ Facebook page to learn more about her campaign. Seriously, her status had more than 12,000 likes in one minute.
7. Beyonce cried. I cried. Blue Ivy said “Yay, Mommy.” It was adorable.
With that I called it a night.
Did anyone else get sucked into watching the VMAs? I would love to hear your thoughts! If not, don’t worry. MTV will rerun the show a hundred million times. And if MTV isn’t your thing, there is a little thing called the Emmy’s coming on tonight! 🙂